The Vancouver Lace Club is moving!
We have been involved with the Hastings Community Centre since the Club first outgrew the Carlile’s living room in the 1960s, but now the administration of the community centre has changed, and what they have offered us (greater cost, poorer location, fewer advantages) is not what we require. Accordingly, we have decided to set sail into the wider world and find somewhere else to meet.
We do have a few possibilities, but none of them is perfect. So, we’re putting out the word to you, as someone who is interested in our Club, to see whether you have something to offer. What we want is:
– Meeting space for 10-12 people, with table and chairs, for 3 hours (preferably 10 am to 1 pm) once a month – preferably a guaranteed spot on the 4th Thursday of every month except December, July, and August.
– Space to be accessible for walkers, wheelchairs, cane users and heavy limpers, with washrooms on the same level
– Parking nearby
– Good light (windows preferred, but bright overhead lights are also good)
– It would be really nice if we could make tea.
– Ideally, the rental cost to be $60 or less
– and we’d love to store our little lockable rolling library cart on site
Do you know of a space that fulfils most of these requirements? If so, please do let us know; our final meeting at the Hastings Community Centre (aka “Packing Day”) will be March 22nd. We will be considering different possibilities over the Spring months, and hope to be back in permanent quarters in September. We will keep you informed with our regular messages, as to where out meetings are being held.
Thank you for your help! Happy lacemaking!